Tell Politicians, You’re Tired Of Their BLAME Game!
I’m sick, and tired, and not going to take it anymore. Most movie – fans, recognize, this famous line, from the movie, Network. In fact, most individuals, if they were willing, to admit it, often, feel, this way, because, over – and – over – again, we continue, witnessing, some politician, attempt to avoid any personal responsibility, and blames others, instead! After, over four decades, of working, on political campaigns, I am, really tired, of this, BLAME game, they so often, seem to resort to! The reality is, when politicians, prioritize, populist, empty rhetoric and promises, instead of proactive, relevant, sustainable solutions, which are viable, the public, loses! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it matters.
1. Benefits; better; belonging; bring – together: Public officials should be, quality leaders, if/ when, they seek to make a difference, for the better! Blaming doesn’t achieve this, but, rather, we benefit, when these individuals, emphasize, serving and representing other! We need people, who, seek to make things, better, and give, all of us, the feeling, of belonging, emphasizing, bringing us together, for the greater good!
2. Listen; learn; leadership: Elected officials must recognize, they are ready to effectively, listen, and learn, so they better, serve and represent, all of our needs! The essence of public leadership must be taking actions, needed, to maintain, enhance, and improve us, in all relevant, and sustainable ways!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; actions; astute: It takes a combination of a positive, can – be, attitude (but, without, resorting to wearing, rose – colored, glasses), and a relevant, well – developed, aptitude, and skill – set (in order to have the necessary experience, expertise, judgment, and, hopefully, wisdom), to be a truly, desirable, public leader! Hopefully, this individual, consistently, pays keen attention, and is astute – enough, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, and implement, the finest, strategically – designed, action plans!
4. Motivate; make mark; meaningful; mission: The better, an elected official, motivates, and inspires, others, the greater, the possibility, to make his mark, for the better! Meaningful public leaders, embrace a quality mission, to improve, all aspects, of society, etc!
5. Empathy; efforts; excellence; endurance; enrich: How can one, serve and represent, if he blames, rather than proceeds, with genuine empathy, focusing his efforts, on enriching the nation, planet, and his constituents? He must demand his utmost degree of personal excellence, assume personal responsibility (instead of passing – the – buck, and blaming), and, commit to proceed, with the utmost amount of endurance, to see, quality ideas, and strategies, to fruition!
Wake up, America, and tell politicians, you are, sick – and – tired, of their BLAME game! If, voters don’t demand better, it will, probably, get, even, worse!