What Kind Of WORLD, Do We Need?
If, you feel, many times, we need a WORLD, where we witness, greater cooperation, and attempts, for some sorts of meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater/ common good, you are not alone! We’ve heard lamentations, in several songs/ lyrics, including: The world would be a better place; What the world needs now is love, sweet love, etc! Shouldn’t we demand this, sooner, rather than later, because, many issues, including: overcoming this horrific pandemic, and, other public health, issues; addressing Climate Change challenges, effectively; environmental protections; and a better chance, for necessary, world peace, etc, require, far – more, worldwide, cooperation, consistently? With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. War – free; wiser/ wisdom; why; we: This planet’s history, contains, many incidents, of battles, and wars, often, however, without, a true – winner, because any potential benefits, rarely, exceed, the horrors! The current, political argument, discussion, about the United States, leaving, Afghanistan, seems, to avoid, considering, why, were we really there, what was accomplished (or, not), the costs (in, both, human, and economic terms, etc)! Political leaders seem, to never gain wisdom, from history, because, wiser actions, would seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, rather than, resorting to warfare, etc!
2. Options; opportunities; open – mind: Why don’t nations, and political leaders/ officials, consider viable options, and alternatives, with an open – mind, and take advantage of the finest opportunities, demanding excellence, instead of good – enough, and the same – old, same – old? We need, and deserve better!
3. Relevant; responsive; responsible; righteous: Don’t we, need, and deserve, more focus, on the righteous approaches, and needs/ priorities, in a relevant, responsive, responsible way? Why do we permit, our political leaders, to prioritize, their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest, rather than seeking some, meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good?
4. Listen; learn; leading: Our world needs leaders, who, are, truly, leading us, in the best directions, etc! To do so, it takes individuals, ready, willing, and able, to effectively, listen, and learn from every conversation, observation, and experience!
5. Demand; decency; dreams: Shouldn’t dreams, rights, freedoms, and fairness, be a basic demand, and requirement, of every political leader, and every citizen? Wouldn’t we, all, benefit, if more decency, replaced, too much, hatred, and bigotry, etc?
This WORLD, should, and must become a far – better, place, if we are to witness, a more, relevant, sustainable, planet, for future generations, etc! Will you demand better, from political officials?