Why It’s So Hard To Have FAITH In Public Officials?
It is, concerning, although, not – surprising, nearly – every, public opinion poll, indicates, the majority of Americans, hold their elected officials, and public leaders, in, somewhat – low, esteem! Why should we have FAITH, or trust and believe, these individuals, when so – little, of a constructive, productive, nature, seems to get achieved, in any type of timely manner? When, the world, as well as this nation, is confronted, with the most horrific pandemic, in, at least, a century, instead of agreeing, in a bi – partisan way, for the best, expert – based, approach, and path, to proactively, address this, and bring – us, back, to some – semblance, of normal, the level of political, partisan behavior, seems, even – more, upsetting, etc! Is it, something, about the political system, and its failures, or, our voters, and their degree of empathy, etc, which makes things, deteriorate, due to lack of meaningful, relevant, sustainable actions, activities, and/ or, even, visions? With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Future; fruition; face facts; freedoms; fairness: One of the chief reasons, so many, won’t trust politicians, is, they question, the fairness, of the overall system, and, whether, all our freedoms and rights, are provided, equally, to all! We should select people, with a vital, vibrant vision, into the future, and, have the strength of character, to bring – it, to fruition, in a timely manner! However, it is essential, to face – the – facts, without wearing, rose – colored, glasses, and provide a viable, strategy, and meaningful, action plan, which serves the nation’s best – interests!
2. Attitude; aptitude; attention; actions; articulate: It takes electing the right people, with positive, can – do, attitude, combined with a properly, trained, and developed, aptitude, and skill – set, to be equipped to consistently, pay keen attention, to actions, and ramifications, while articulating, an honest, but inspiring, motivating, unifying message, rather than a politically – motivated, expedient one!
3. Integrity; ideas; imagination; innovate; inclusive; inspire; improve: Far – too – few, elected officials, maintain genuine, absolute integrity, and, thus, constituents, witness, far – less, inclusive behaviors, and ideas, than would be best, for all! Without a well – considered, and developed, relevant imagination, how can anyone, introduce, the finest, possible ideas, etc? We need to elect individuals, who, know, when to innovate, and when to, simply, tweak an approach! Only, when one’s leadership, leads to essential improvements, why would it inspire others?
4. Trust; timely; time – tested; trends: We would have more faith in these people, if we felt, they earned our trust, and deserved it! This means, aligning, well – considered, timely actions, with taking advantage of time – tested, expertise, and using the appropriate, trends, for the better!
5. Healing; head/ heart; humane; honorable: We’d believe and have faith in them, if we believed, they were honorable, well – intentioned, individuals! We need representatives, who align their finest emotional and logical components, in a head/ heart balance! Wouldn’t it be nice, if we felt, politicians cared, more, about us, in terms of humane leadership, actions, and representation?
Why should we have FAITH in them, merely, because of an office, they hold, or their empty promises, and rhetoric? Unfortunately, things won’t improve, related to this, until/ unless, we have reasons to do so!